Site Maintenance Operative - Leicester
Hazel Drive, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE3 2JG
Recently awarded the Silver Award at the DAF International Dealer meeting in Malaga, Ford and Slater are one the UK’s largest DAF Truck dealers group with 16 locations from Norwich to Birtley in the North East, employing over 850 staff whilst remaining a family run business. We currently have a vacancy for a Site Maintenance Operative in the fantastic team at our DAF Trucks dealership in Leicester.
As a Maintenance Operative, we can offer you:
- An hourly rate of up to £11.70 per hour (depending on your Maintenance experience)
- 22 days holiday (excluding statutory), rising to 25 days after 5 years service
- Employee Of The Month Competition
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Progression Opportunities
- Death in Service Life Insurance Scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Cycle to work scheme
Who are we looking for as a Site Maintenance Operative:
- You will have a proven track record in a previous hands-on Site Maintenance / Caretaker / Janitor or similar role.
- Experience of all round general Site Maintenance (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Joinery, Painting, Building, Construction, Cleaning etc).
- An all-round maintenance person who is not afraid to ‘muck in’.
- Full UK driving licence.
The Site Maintenance Operative role / responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Initiate, perform and oversee maintenance tasks.
- Provide general maintenance and repair services for the depot and manage the overall upkeep of the site.
- Maintenance and repair abilities include carpentry, painting, minor dry wall repair and taping, locksmithing, minor plumbing and electrical repairs that do not require a license, and common area maintenance (changing light bulbs and daytime emergency janitorial duties).
- Communicate day to day problems to the Service Manager.
- Ensure that you conduct yourself in a business like and professional manner.
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8am – 4:30pm
Apply today to start your journey with Ford & Slater
No agencies please. It is not always possible to get back individually to each applicant, so if you haven’t received a reply within 21 days, your application has been unsuccessful.
Sign up to receive email alerts for our latest job vacancies