Hours of work will vary from each location but overall each person appointed will work 40 hours per week - Monday to Friday. Overtime and Saturday work will be a requirement of this job. You will be required to be flexible about Saturday work. You will be required to participate in the 24/7 breakdown service known as DAFaid. You should also note that there is a shift operation in place which will be discussed in full at interview stage.
The successful candidates must be capable of following the repair process from fault analysis to completion.
PDI work as well as road testing vehicles will also be required. Technicians are responsible for carrying out inspection and service routines, repairs and testing in a safe manner and in accordance with our dealer standards. You will be a team player working closely with workshop and service department colleagues.
- Fully time served
- A practical knowledge of diagnostic equipment
- A full and valid driving licence.
- HGV 1 Licence would be advantageous.
- Ability to work in a busy workshop environment on your own and as part of a team.
- An awareness of Health and Safety.
- We pay favourable rates depending on your experience.
- 29 days’ holidays per year (including Statutory).
- Automatic enrolment in Life Cover.
- Automatic enrolment in Workplace Pension Scheme.
- Effective and efficient repair of vehicles systems as instructed, within designated repair times.
- Vehicle inspection.
- Vehicle servicing.
- Vehicle defect diagnosis and repair.
- Preparation of vehicles for PSV.
- Inform line manager if work cannot be completed as promised and not to carry out additional work without authority.
- Communicate with Parts department to obtain parts required and inform your line manager if a vehicle is awaiting parts etc
- Complete job write-up after finishing work.
- Report equipment/facility faults to your line manager.
- Maintain own tools in a safe and efficient condition.
- To be fully aware of the company’s quality policies and procedures.
- Drive company vehicles in a safe and legal fashion and keep vehicles tidy.
- Attend and successfully complete factory training as required.
- Any other duties as are deemed appropriate.
Closing 25 March 2019 @ 5.00 pm