Stephens Way, Warrington Road Ind Est, Goose Green Wigan, WIGAN, Greater Manchester, WN3 6PQ
Closes in 394 days
An exciting position has become available for a full-time Semi-Skilled HGV Technician to work on our dedicated night shift based in Wigan. The successful candidate will earn a competitive salary dependent upon experience and licenses.
The role of the Semi-Skilled Technician is to carry out routine service and light maintenance, including servicing, inspection, general repairs, MOT preparation, and any other workshop related task that could be reasonably expected of a Semi-Skilled Service Operative.
• Preferably IRTEC or equivalent certification / experience. But not essential.
• Previous main dealer experience and an HGV licence would be an advantage, but not essential as manufacturer training can be undertaken.
• Undertake all aspects of HGV & LGV Inspection, Service and general repair.
• Undertake all aspects of trailer inspection, service and general repair.
• Periodic vehicle & trailer inspections.
• General servicing.
• MOT preparation.
• Normal vehicle repairs, bulbs, brakes, driver touchable’s, service items etc.
We are part of a group of companies operating from three locations in the North West; Wigan, Northwich & Liverpool. We are franchised agents for DAF Trucks UK and Renault Trucks UK with a wealth of experience to hand and an excellent reputation, the company prides itself on providing a professional, comprehensive and personal service to vehicle operators throughout the North West of England.
The team here are fully committed to looking after their customers and offer an unrivaled expertise in trucks and support services for all makes of vehicles.
The company are open at times to suit our client’s business 24 hours a day from Tuesday at 8.00am right through to Saturday at 12.00 pm. After-sales emergency service is operated at all other times through our dedicated call out services.
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - 9pm – 8am
Wednesday - 9pm – 8am
Thursday - 9pm – 8am
Friday - 9pm – 8am
Saturday - Closed
Sunday - Closed
4 night shift of 10 hours = 40 hour week. We run this shift pattern to give the night staff more social / family time.
Hourly rate of pay will be competative and will relfect skill level, qualifications and licenses held.
Why should you apply?
• Regular overtime available at time and half or double time depending on days worked.
• 22 days annual holiday (pro-rata).
• 8 public bank holidays.
• Company pension contribution.
• Stability through continued investment and growth and ongoing support with a personal training
• Full manufacturers training.