Here at Motus Commercials we’re proud to employ great colleagues who are passionate about their roles. When looking for the right role, we recognise everyone has different needs, considerations, and aspirations. So no matter who you are, what you need or where you’re going, Motus Commercials wants to be part of your future.
You will be part of a Brilliant team that keep’s some of the most sophisticated vehicles on the road - now that is something to be Proud of!!
Motus Commercials is an approved DAF Truck dealership located in Barnsley and is on the lookout for a fully skilled Vehicle Spray Painter. As our new Vehicle Spray Painter, you will join our friendly team which will see you working 5 days a week covering two shift patterns which equates to 43.75 hours per week within our approved DAF dealership.
Week 1 Monday to Friday 7.00am – 16.15pm
Week 2 Monday to Friday 7.45am – 17.00pm
From day 1 as a Motus Commercials colleague, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- A pension that pays – Auto enrolment pension scheme through salary sacrifice to ensure you get the most out of your hard-earned money.
- BUPA Medical Insurance – ensuring you and your loved ones are covered we offer a discounted scheme for all Motus colleagues.
- Life Assurance 2 x salary – we give you the peace of mind when you need it most
- Vehicle purchase discount – Our sister Company Pentagon Motor Group provide colleague and family discount to all Motus colleagues.
- Employee Discounts with the Network Benefits – fantastic deals and discounts on a wide range of products and services available to all colleagues.
- Employee Assistance Programme – We take colleague wellbeing seriously at Motus Commercials, we offer a free programme to support all our colleagues and families with whatever challenges they may face at work or at home 24/7 365 days a year.
- Colleague Introduction Award – recommend somebody for a role at Motus Commercials and you could earn up to £2000 once they’re fully on-board with us
- Holiday allowance rising with length of service – We reward long service with extra holiday
- Great career development – we pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with a realistic career pathway for each member of our team through our People Partnership Initiatives.
- Onsite Mental Health First Aiders – at Motus Commercials we understand mental health is not always easily spoken about which is why we have adopted various methods to support colleagues including onsite mental health first aiders, mental health awareness campaigns and a mental health text number should you require support but not feel ready to discuss in person. All our managers are also mental health aware trained.
- Being Brilliant Awards – At Motus Commercials we believe Together We Make A Difference and like to reward and recognise all colleagues who go the extra mile.
- Engagement & Charity – You will have the opportunity to participate in charity events to raise funds for our charities of choice, we also hold regular engagement events for all colleagues to enjoy their time with us at Motus Commercials.
As a Vehicle Spray Painter at Motus Commercials in Barnsley we will be looking for you to be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum 3 years experience in repair/paint work
- Commercial Vehicle experience 3 years minimum
- Experience with 2 pack and water based paint
- Vehicle knowledge and understanding
- Own tools
- Enthusiastic, Team Player, Flexible
It would be advantageous if you had:
- DAF Truck experience.
- 5 years plus experience
- Welding qualifications
- Class 1 or 2 HGV license
As our Vehicle Spray Painter you will be required to repair vehicles in a safe and proper manner, efficiently and within the allocated time and to the required standard.
- Carry out repair work on our commercial vehicles to required specification
- Ensure all relevant documentation is completed in a timely and satisfactory manner
- To draw the Supervisor/Managers attention to any faults noticed in either the interests of the owner or other faults that could make the vehicle dangerous or illegal if taken out on a public highway.
- To protect all vehicles under repair against damage and to inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair.
- To attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- To maintain a good standard of welding
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and a presentable personal appearance whilst always observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy.
- To report any broken or faulty equipment to your Supervisor/Manager in line with our Group Health & Safety Policy.
- To enjoy your time as a Brilliant Colleague within Motus Commercials.
As a business Motus Commercials love to recognise and celebrate excellent performance. Due to company growth, we now need another Vehicle Spray Painter who can pull together to meet the needs of our Commercial Vehicle customers both locally, regionally, and nationally with the minimum supervision for our joint ongoing success.
Together We Make a Difference and it is our ambition to work together to promote a more inclusive environment, which attracts all candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity.
Should you wish to apply and be part of the Brilliant Team at Motus Commercials you can text MOTUS BAR to 66777 or apply via the system and you can be assured your application will be acknowledged in a timely manner.
Did you know that 98% of white goods are moved on the back of a Commercial Vehicle in the UK……another reason to be Proud of joining our Brilliant team here at Motus Commercials.