Here at Motus Commercials we’re proud to employ great colleagues who are passionate about their roles. When looking for the right role, we recognise everyone has different needs, considerations, and aspirations. So no matter who you are, what you need or where you’re going, Motus Commercials wants to be part of your future.
Are you an experienced HGV Technician looking for your next career move?
Motus Commercials is an approved DAF Truck dealership located in Glasgow and is on the lookout for a fully skilled Mobile Commercial Vehicle Technician. As our new Fitter, you will join our friendly team which will see you working 5 days a week on a 3 week rolling shift pattern in our approved DAF dealership.
Week 1: Monday to Thursday 07.30am – 19.30pm
Week 2: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday 07.30am – 19.30pm
Week 3: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 07.30am – 19.30pm
From day 1 as a Motus Commercials colleague, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- A pension that pays – Auto enrolment pension scheme through salary sacrifice to ensure you get the most out of your hard-earned money.
- BUPA Medical Insurance – ensuring you and your loved ones are covered we offer a discounted scheme for all Motus colleagues.
- Life Assurance 2 x salary – we give you the peace of mind when you need it most
- Vehicle purchase discount – Our sister Company Pentagon Motor Group provide colleague and family discount to all Motus colleagues.
- Employee Discounts with the Network Benefits – fantastic deals and discounts on a wide range of products and services available to all colleagues.
- Employee Assistance Programme – We take colleague wellbeing seriously at Motus Commercials, we offer a free programme to support all our colleagues and families with whatever challenges they may face at work or at home 24/7 365 days a year.
- Colleague Introduction Award – recommend somebody for a role at Motus Commercials and you could earn up to £2000 once they’re fully on-board with us
- Holiday allowance rising with length of service – We reward long service with extra holiday
- Great career development – we pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with a realistic career pathway for each member of our team through our People Partnership Initiatives.
- Onsite Mental Health First Aiders – at Motus Commercials we understand mental health is not always easily spoken about which is why we have adopted various methods to support colleagues including onsite mental health first aiders, mental health awareness campaigns and a mental health text number should you require support but not feel ready to discuss in person. All our managers are also mental health aware trained.
- Being Brilliant Awards – At Motus Commercials we believe Together We Make A Difference and like to reward and recognise all colleagues who go the extra mile.
- Engagement & Charity – You will have the opportunity to participate in charity events to raise funds for our charities of choice, we also hold regular engagement events for all colleagues to enjoy their time with us at Motus Commercials.
As a Mobile HGV Mechanic at Motus Commercials in Glasgow we will be looking for you to be able to demonstrate:
- Time served Technician with City & Guilds or Equivalent
- Minimum 1 year post Apprentice experience.
- Safety Inspections
- Routine Maintenance
- General mechanical ability.
- Enthusiastic, Team Player, Flexible.
It would be advantageous if you had:
- DAF product experience.
- Irtec Licence.
- HGV Licence.
Main duties will be:
We require an experienced Mobile Technician who can ensure our automotive customers vehicles are back on the road within the shortest time possible. As our Mobile Technician you will be required to service, adjust and repair vehicles or components using tools in a safe and proper manner, efficiently and within the allocated time and to the required standard
- To attend and carry out roadside repairs and to recover defective or damaged vehicles within the terms of the law. Fully comply with Manufacturer’s protocol and policies and safe working at the roadside.
- To observe, recognise and report on vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure.
- To examine vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability and performance (MOT).
- To interpret and implement technical service instructions data, to ensure a repair or replacement component is replaced or repaired in line with manufacturers instruction
- To draw the Supervisor/Workshop Controllers attention to any faults notice in either the interests of the owner or other faults that could make the vehicle dangerous or illegal if taken out on a public highway.
- To protect all vehicles under repair against damage and to inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair.
- To attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area, DAFaid vehicle and a presentable personal appearance whilst always observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy.
- To report any broken or faulty equipment to your Supervisor/Manager in line with our Group Health & Safety Policy.
- To always seek permission before fitting parts to customers vehicles that have not been previously authorised and to always return parts for warranty and customer inspection.
- To ensure all service and maintenance sheets, customer defect reports, manufacturer paperwork and electronic documentation, i.e., DAFaid, DAF-check, PDI sheets are fully completed and signed off.
- To enjoy your time as a Brilliant Colleague within Motus Commercials.
As a business Motus Commercials love to recognise and celebrate excellent performance. Due to company growth, we now need another HGV Technician who can pull together to meet the needs of our Commercial Vehicle customers both locally, regionally, and nationally with the minimum supervision for our joint ongoing success.
Together We Make a Difference and it is our ambition to work together to promote a more inclusive environment, which attracts all candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity.
Should you wish to apply and be part of the Brilliant Team at Motus Commercials you can text MOTUS GLA to 66777 or apply via the system and you can be assured your application will be acknowledged in a timely manner.
Did you know that 98% of white goods are moved on the back of a Commercial Vehicle in the UK……another reason to be Proud of joining our Brilliant team here at Motus Commercials.