Here at Motus Commercials we’re proud to employ great colleagues who are passionate about their roles. When looking for the right role, we recognise everyone has different needs, considerations, and aspirations. So no matter who you are, what you need or where you’re going, Motus Commercials wants to be part of your future.
You will be part of a Brilliant team that keep’s some of the most sophisticated vehicles on the road - now that is something to be Proud of!!
Motus Commercials have a vacancy for a DAF HGV Nightshift Team Leader Technician located in Glasgow, As our new Technician you will join our friendly team which will see you working the following shifts in our approved DAF dealership
Week 1 Monday to Thursday 19.30pm – 07.30am
Week 2 Tuesday to Friday 19.30pm – 07.30am
From day 1 as a Motus Commercials colleague, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- A pension that pays – Auto enrolment pension scheme through salary sacrifice to ensure you get the most out of your hard-earned money.
- BUPA Medical Insurance – ensuring you and your loved ones are covered we offer a discounted scheme for all Motus colleagues.
- Life Assurance 2 x salary – we give you the peace of mind when you need it most
- Vehicle purchase discount – Our sister Company Pentagon Motor Group provide colleague and family discount to all Motus colleagues.
- Employee Discounts with the Network Benefits – fantastic deals and discounts on a wide range of products and services available to all colleagues.
- Employee Assistance Programme – We take colleague wellbeing seriously at Motus Commercials, we offer a free programme to support all our colleagues and families with whatever challenges they may face at work or at home 24/7 365 days a year.
- Colleague Introduction Award – recommend somebody for a role at Motus Commercials and you could earn up to £2000 once they’re fully on-board with us
- Holiday allowance rising with length of service – We reward long service with extra holiday
- Great career development – we pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with a realistic career pathway for each member of our team through our People Partnership Initiatives.
- Onsite Mental Health First Aiders – at Motus Commercials we understand mental health is not always easily spoken about which is why we have adopted various methods to support colleagues including onsite mental health first aiders, mental health awareness campaigns and a mental health text number should you require support but not feel ready to discuss in person. All our managers are also mental health aware trained.
- Being Brilliant Awards – At Motus Commercials we believe Together We Make A Difference and like to reward and recognise all colleagues who go the extra mile.
- Engagement & Charity – You will have the opportunity to participate in charity events to raise funds for our charities of choice, we also hold regular engagement events for all colleagues to enjoy their time with us at Motus Commercials.
As an HGV Night Shift Team leader at Motus Commercials in Glasgow we will be looking for you to be able to demonstrate:
- Hold a relevant formal qualification (City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in HGV/ LCV Vehicle Repair).
- Previous workshop experience.
- Work to a high standard and have a good eye for detail with a methodical approach to their work.
- Work well in a team and be a contributing team member with a can do attitude.
- Be willing to attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and a presentable personal appearance whilst observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times.
The following experience would be an advantage for this role however, not essential:
- A HGV licence (class 1)
- IRTEC certified.
Main duties will include:
As our HGV Night Shift Team Leader Technician at Motus Commercials DAF in Bellshill you will be required to service and repair vehicles in a safe and economical manner employing such skills and knowledge as may be required, including the ability to diagnose faults with minimum supervision. The purpose of our DAF HGV Shift Leader Technician colleague is to motivate, lead and supervise a team of Commercial Vehicle Fitters whilst assisting and deputising for the Workshop Controller to ensure that customer’s vehicles are completed correctly within determined times for jobs.
- To examine vehicles and components and report orally or in writing on the condition/defects that impact on safety and reliability.
- To examine vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability, and performance (MOT).
- To interpret and implement technical service instructions data and to indent such information for replacement.
- To carry out roadside repairs and to recover defective or damaged vehicles within the terms of the law.
- To bring to the Workshop Controller or Service Manager’s attention any faults noticed in either the interests of the owner or other faults that could make the vehicle dangerous or illegal if taken out on a public highway.
- To ensure complete return of job cards on completion, to ensure that job times are met and job write-ups reflect accurately what has been done.
- To ensure all Mechanics follow Manufacture guidelines and policies for Roadside and Dealer Standards; completing all relevant paperwork both electronic and hard copies ensuring it is second authorised where applicable.
- To attend recognised course of instruction as and when required, whilst providing guidance and promoting self-development amongst colleagues/team members and assisting in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- To protect vehicles against damage and ensure a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and to always observe and comply with the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy and report to the workshop manager any breaches of this policy.
- To enjoy your time as a Brilliant Colleague within Motus Commercials.
As a business Motus Commercials love to recognise and celebrate excellent performance. Due to company growth, we now need another HGV Technician shift leader who can pull together to meet the needs of our Commercial Vehicle customers both locally, regionally, and nationally with the minimum supervision for our joint ongoing success.
Together We Make a Difference and it is our ambition to work together to promote a more inclusive environment, which attracts all candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity.
Should you wish to apply and be part of the Brilliant Team at Motus Commercials you can text MOTUS GLA to 66777, apply via the system and you can be assured your application will be acknowledged in a timely manner.
Did you know that 98% of white goods are moved on the back of a Commercial Vehicle in the UK……another reason to be Proud of joining our Brilliant team here at Motus Commercials.