Watling Street, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN6 7BZ
Permanent, £20 - £24, per hour
Closes in 308 days
Brand New DAF Trucks Dealership
GB DAF have opened a Brand NEW DAF Trucks Dealership at the Daventry International Rail Freight Terminal (DIRFT) nr Crick, Northampton.
Starting at £20.00 per hour and raising to over £24.00 per hour according to DAF training Levels and experience and with a monthly bonus scheme for all team members.
This is an amazing opportunity for you start your career with us right from the start of this exciting new venture.
Ideally as a HGV Truck Technician you will come from a time served Motor Vehicle technician background having attained appropriate City & Guilds, NVQ or B/TEC qualifications. More importantly you will have experience of working in a Heavy Goods Vehicle workshop and preferably in a main dealer environment.
· Carry out routine inspections, maintenance and repairs on all makes of vehicles and trailers to DVSA standard
· Carry out a wide range of defect repairs from replacing a bulb to replacing brake discs and pads etc.
· Fault diagnostic and rectification using the latest manufacturers computer systems and tooling
· Ability to problem solve.
· Hard working and the ability to work under pressure in a safe responsible manner.
· Customer focused.
· Complete job cards and service sheets in a timely manner
· A HGV license is desired but not essential.
· Working a two week rotation of one week on earlies then one week on lates
· Shift pattern give one standard weekend followed by one long weekend off
· Breakdown call out available to give extra income for those who want it
· Everything we do is about Quality, Quality, Quality
· Excellent Rates of pay plus overtime available.
· First Class training.
· MOT Bonus Scheme
· Working in a Brand New Workshop and you will be joining us from the Start
· Generous relation package available.
· Pension Scheme.
· Death in Service Benefit.
· Childcare Voucher Scheme.
· Average Hours Holiday Pay.
· Major New housing development close by if you need to move.
· Excellent career development opportunities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a highly successful and growing business.
Our ethos is to provide a family oriented workplace that produces and stands for quality, quality, quality in everything that we do.
If you are interested in joining our friendly team then please apply TODAY!!!
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £47,000.00-£57,000.00 per year